Friday, September 18, 2015
Residency Verification Overview
- DC residents are entitled to free public education and priority enrollment.
- Nonresidents must pay tuition.
- Annual residency verification by October 5
LEA Responsibilities – Verification Process
- Verify residency documentation and maintain copies
Ensure DC Residency Verification Form is completed accurately
- Signed by school official and parent, guardian, or care giver enrolling student
- Parts A and C are always required (signature and dates may be different)
- Photocopies are clear and legible
- Documentation satisfies requirements